The Firm handles offerings of debt, equity and securities, letters of credit and other credit enhancement modes. We advise on regulatory and legislative matters, which include capital adequacy, merger and acquisition proposals, and functioning of various financial institutions, such as Leasing Companies, Modarabas, Banks and others. We regularly advise our clients on laws, rules and regulations applicable to financial institutions. The Firm also specializes in advising foreign investors on the safe custody of assets and transactions.
The principal areas in which we work are:-
- Loans and other credit facilities: representing financial institutions and borrowers in all types of loan and other credit facilities, ranging from syndicated loans to general banking arrangements, often involving multi-jurisdictional collateral;
- Project finance: we have experience of transactions involving power stations, telecommunication projects, construction of roads and bridges, ports, industrial plants, transportation systems and infrastructure, and mining projects;
- Capital markets: we advise arrangers, issuers and trustees on issues of bonds, notes, commercial paper, certificates of deposit and other capital market instruments; and advise on listing requirements for the major international exchanges;
- All types of derivative transactions and treasury products, including financial, commodity and equity based derivatives, and foreign exchange and securities lending transactions, as well as the establishment of dealing operations;
- We advise on securitization, trade finance, export credits and rescheduling and restructuring;
- Advising custodians and institutional investors on issues relating to safe investments, safe custody of assets, clearance and settlement of trades.
- Banking regulatory advice: this includes advice on regulatory developments, as well as advice on investment regulations.