List of recent assignments:
|1||Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF)||World Bank, (IBRD) and the Government of Pakistan.|
|2||Ghazi Barotha Taraqiati Idara (GBTI)||World Bank, (IBRD) and the Government of Pakistan.|
|3||NRSP Microfinance Bank||NRSP & Government of Pakistan|
|4||Pakistan Human Development Fund (PHDF)||Government of Pakistan and U.S. Nationals of Pakistani Origin|
|5||Strengthening Participatory Organization (SPO)||Canadian International Development Agency and the Government of Pakistan|
|6||National Rural Support Programme (NRSP)||Government of Pakistan|
|7||Punjab Rural Support Programme (PRSP)||Government of Punjab.|
|8||Baluchistan Rural Support Programme (BRSP)||Government of Baluchistan.|
|9||Pakistan Microfinance Network (PMN)||Pakistani NGOs|
|10||Rural Support Programme Network (RSPN)||NGOs working in the field of rural development.|
|11||Human Development Foundation (HDF)||Americans of Pakistani origin.|
|12||Taraqee Foundation (TF)||Pakistani donors|
|13||Fund for Protected Areas (FPA)||World Bank and the Ministry of Environment|
|14||Energy Conservation Fund (ECF)||UNDP and Ministry of Environment by UNDP and Ministry of Environment|
|15||Mountain Areas Conservancy Fund (MACF)||UNDP and Ministry of Environment|
ACLA was selected on single source basis by the World Bank for the following projects:
- Preparation of the Project of Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund and its establishment in Pakistan;
- Preparation of the Project of Microfinance Investment and Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and its establishment in Afghanistan along with drafting of Rules and Regulations for MISFA;
- Preparation of the Project of “Fund for Protected Areas” and its establishment in Pakistan;
- Preparation of the Project of Baluchistan Education Foundation and its establishment.
We were also selected on single source basis by the World Tourism Organization for conducting a study in Maldives.
As Legal Advisor of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), a regulatory authority, drafted its Rules and procedures.
As Legal Advisor of National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA), reviewed the NEPRA Ordinances with a view to insert provisions concerning Environmental Protection.
As Legal Advisor of Pakistan Electric Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), drafted its Rules, Regulations and procedures.
Rendered Legal assistance to the Ministry of Science and Technology and reviewed agreements and contracts relating to Pak-Satellite Project.
Handled Labour cases concerning Industrial and Commercial Relation.
Represented South Africa against Pakistan National Tariff Commission in WTO Law dispute on Tin Plate case. This case pertains to the domain of Competition Law and Policy.
Coordination and identification of WTO related issues and problems of 51 Industrial and Commercial Trade Associations for National Institute of WTO & International Trade Laws (Competition Law and Policy).
As Legal Advisor UNHCR, we offered the following services:
- Legal supervision of application and interpretation of Financial, Staff, Administrative and Procurement Rules and handling arbitration cases.
- Drafted UNHCR Manual.
- Negotiated and drafted the following contracts/Agreement:
- Air charter Agreements
- Commercial Contracts
- Insurance Contracts
- Lease Agreements
Legal Advisor to the Office of the United Nations Coordinator for Assistance to Afghanistan (UNOCHA) 1987 – 2002.
- Drafted Contracts;
- Air Charter Agreements;
- Drafted Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Demining Agencies of UNOCHA;
- Supervision of Application and interpretation of Financial, Staff, Administrative and Procurement Rules;
- Handling litigation and Arbitration Matters.
Prepared report on Pakistan’s Labour Laws for the French Embassy.
Drafted Memorandum of Association & Rules and Regulations for incorporation of the Austrian Relief Committee’s Frontier Primary Health Care Programme.
Prepared Statutory Survey & Report for Asian Development Bank’s Pakistan Irrigation Management Project.
Undertook Vetting & Negotiation of IFC’s Loan Agreement with (Pakistan’s) Bank of Khyber.
Dealt with ADB’s Punjab Irrigation Management Project/Legal Issues.
Provided Legal services to ADB’s Strengthening of Pakistan’s Board of Investment project.
Legal services to ADB’s project in support of Pakistan’s National Industrial Zones Authority.
Drafted alternative NGO Bill for the NGO Community in 1996.
Drafted a Bill for the Health Sciences Academy for its proposed establishment by special statute.
Provided PPIB legal advice on, and seek adherence to, the terms and conditions of:
- Letters of Interest
- Letters of Support
- Implementation Agreements (IAs)
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- Fuel Supply Agreements (FSAs)
- Water Use Agreements (WUAs)
Legal Consultant to USAID/Pakistan
Preparation of documentation for the establishment of:
- TECHRED, a private-sector spin-off from the public sector NESPAK
- (Pakistan’s) Sarhad Rural Support Corporation (SRSC)
- The Pakistan Tree Farm Society
- (Pakistan’s) Trust for Voluntary Organizations (TVO)
- The Afghan Construction Logistics Unit (ACLU)
Formulated a “Feasibility Report” on opening National Bank’s Subsidiary/ Branch at Moscow, Russia, in October 2007. Conducted a detailed meeting at the Central Bank of Russia, thus obtaining all the necessary requirements/ terms/ instructions, which are easily acceptable/ simple from Central Bank of Russia.
Drafting of Rules and Regulations of Pakistan Housing authority.
Legal Documentation, drafting of Agreements including equity Share participation Agreements for Attock Gen Limited.