Dr. Mohammad Azam Chaudhry joined the World Tourism Organization in 1976 as Legal Officer where he acted as Secretary of the Legal Committee of the Executive Council and, of the General Assembly. He negotiated a number of Agreements with the Governments of Spain, Sri Lanka, Egypt and Peru. As Legal Officer (1979-1982).
As Legal Advisor (1986-1987) of UNHCR in Geneva, he supervised application of international legal norms, negotiated and drafted Assistance Agreements, Air Charter Agreements, commercial contracts, insurance claims, dealt with legal supervision of application and interpretation of Financial and Administrative Rules, and handled litigation matters.
1. He was awarded the highest French Civilian Award “Chevalier de la Légion D’Honneur” (Knighthood in France), by the President of France in June 2003.
2. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize Certificate by the UNHCR for his legal services when the UNHCR received Nobel Peace Prize in 1981.
Since 1987, he has been working as an advocate (lawyer) in Pakistan, and deals with Arbitration and Alternate Disputes Resolution, Corporate Affairs, Banking and Financial matters, Oil and Gas Laws, Import and Export Laws, Dispute Resolution, Telecommunication Laws, Power Generation and Energy Laws, International Trade Law and World Trade Organization Agreements and laws.
Dr. Mohammad Azam Chaudhry is a Ph.D in International Law from Paris University, on the “Settlement of International Disputes within the Framework of the Specialized Agencies of the United Nations”. He was enrolled as an advocate in 1968, and has been an Advocate of the Lahore High Court since 1973.
1. Member of the Joint Appeals Board
2. Member of the Contracts Committee
3. Member of the Executive Management Group (EMG)
4. Member of the Coordination Team (CT)
5. Member of the Information Committee
6. Secretary of the Management Committee