Dr. Safdar Butt has held notable positions overseas, he was Chief Accountant with Johnson & Johnson, Group Chief Accountant with Caltex Oil and Group Financial Controller with Simba Colt Motors in Kenya. Some of his notable positions held in Pakistan are:-
i. Director Finance with Army Welfare Trust (9 years); and
ii. Director of Askari Bank, Askari Leasing, Askari General Insurance, Askari Cement, and Bank of Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
Currently, he is a member of the Board of Directors, Chairman Human Resource and Remuneration Committee and Member of Audit Committee of Hi Tech Lubricants Ltd., a public limited listed company, and the marketers of ZIC brand of lubricants. His total board level experience with listed companies is well over 17 years. He has been practicing as a financial consultant and HR trainer since 1992.
Dr. Safdar Butt regularly works with the firm as a financial consultant, advising on high level national and international projects being handled by the firm.
1. Ph D with Financial Management major from St. Austin University, Canada, 1987 Thesis: “Corporate Budgeting Strategies for Developing Countries”.
2. M Com with Finance option, also from Karachi University, Pakistan, 1977
3. B Com with Accounting option from Karachi University, Pakistan, 1968
1. Associate Member, Institute of Cost and Executive Accountants, London
2. Fellow, Institute of Administrative Accountants, London
3. Full member, Kenya Institute of Management, Nairobi